Boosting a car battery is simple and safe when done properly.
- Make sure both car engines are off
- On the booster cables, take the red positive plug and connect it to the positive terminal of the dead battery
- Change cars
- Take the red positive plug from the booster cables and connect to the positive terminal of the donor battery
- Connect the black negative plug to the same battery
- Return to the broken down car and connect the black negative plug to an unpainted/bare section of the engine
- Enter the assistance car and start the engine
- Wait a few minutes
- Start the engine of the broken down car
- Once the car has been restarted, remove the cables in the reverse order in which they were installed, i.e. first remove the black negative cable from the car that was broken down
You are now ready to get back on the road.